페이지 정보작성자 EMP Master 작성일18-09-05 16:45 조회1,232회 댓글0건
Smartphones : Smart Life?
1. What would be your answer to the question, “Do smartphones make people smart or stupid?”
2. Some say that smartphones make our lives easier and more fun.
3. Others disagree.
4. Here are some arguments for and against using smartphones.
5. What are your thoughts?
A. Smartphones are a useful tool helping our everyday life.
1. These days, mobile phones are not just for making and receiving phone calls.
2. I search for all kinds of information on the Internet every day.
3. What time will my bus arrive at the station?
4. How much is the ticket for my favorite singer’s concert?
5. All I need is my smartphone to get the answers!
6. Smartphones are useful for navigating, too.
7. The other day, my mom and I were heading to a relative’s house.
8. My mom was driving by following the directions she printed in advance.
9. However, we got lost along the way, and we couldn’t figure out where we were.
10. Luckily, I had my smartphone with me.
11. My smartphone was able to arrive at our relative’s house without further trouble.
12. My smartphone is indeed very smart!
1. I don’t understand why these phones are called smartphones.
2. Ever since I began to use the smartphone, I’ve found myself becoming dumber and dumber every day.
3. For example, I can’t remember phone numbers well anymore.
4. I used to remember all the important phone numbers by heart.
5. I once accidentally deleted all my contact numbers stored on my smartphone.
6. I was in a panic.
7. I couldn’t remember anyone’s number - not even my husband’s !
8. I also use my smartphone’s navigation application when I drive.
9. It’s a very useful tool, but I find myself growing more dependent on my smartphone.
10. For instance, I automatically turn on the navigation application even when I don’t need directions.
11. Before, I used to study the roads and try different routes to get to my destination.
12. Now, I just drive as I am told.
13. I feel as if I can’t think on my own anymore.
B. Smartphones enrich human relationships.
1. Some people complain that smartphones prevent them from building meaningful relationships.
2. I disagree.
3. Smartphones actually help you strengthen your relationship with others.
4. For example, I can have real-time conversations with my friends and family.
5. The other day, I got a message from a close friend of mine who moved to Canada six months ago.
6. He requested an instant conversation through my smartphone.
7. Now, I can talk to my friend anytime, anywhere !
1. I don’t think smartphones help build meaningful relationships with others.
2. There are times I get annoyed by the endless and often meaningless interactions with others.
3. I find myself constantly exchanging messages and chatting on my smartphone with my friends.
4. But most of the conversation is not meaningful.
5. Even after hours of chatting, I don’t necessarily feel that I’ve got closer to them.
6. Last weekend, I met my cousin for lunch.
7. It was a family gathering, and I was glad to see him because we hadn’t seen each other for a long time.
8. But you know what we ended up doing?
9. We just sat, ate, and played with our smartphones.
10. We were like total strangers, not being able to break the silence until it was time to say goodbye.
11. I felt terrible.
12. If we hadn’t had our smartphones, we would’ve had more conversation.
13. No doubt.
C. Smartphones are necessary for school life.
1. I think smartphones can provide many advantages for students.
2. For instance, I can always check important messages on my school website using my smartphone.
3. In addition, I download online courses and watch them on the bus every morning on my way to school.
4. During breaks, I can also search for information or answers to the questions I had during class.
5. I don’t have to wait until I get home to search the Internet.
6. The other day, I used the mobile messenger on my smartphone to advertise our band’s performance at the school festival.
7. The band members sent text messages to their friends to let them know that we were going to perform.
8. We sent announcements, photos, and even video clips to our friends.
9. Our messages spread like wildfire and we had a huge crowd !
10. Smartphones are so cool !
1. Don’t get me wrong.
2. I love my smartphone.
3. It is extremely convenient to have all that information at my fingertips.
4. However, smartphones are a constant distraction in our lives.
5. In my class, many students check their blogs or send text messages.
6. While doing so, they pay less attention to me.
7. Some students confess that smartphones are a distraction even after school.
8. They say that while studying at home, they start to check new messages posted on their blogs, but end up going through other people’s blogs, photos, comments, etc.
9. One thing leads to another.
10. They waste time during their study.
11. Frankly, I sometimes find myself doing the same thing, too.
12. This is becoming a serious problem for all of us.
13. Instead of our smartphones being a tool which serves us, we have become slaves to our smartphones.
등록된 댓글이 없습니다.